Need Volunteers? This is the place to start!
Are you an active Nonprofit Partner looking for more information about our new website? Visit our For Current Partners page for technology updates, as well as info on logging in, submitting and managing opportunities, and more.
Hands On Nonprofit Partners have a variety of resources at their fingertips, including:
Ability to connect with volunteers online - Whether you're looking for a group of volunteers to tackle a one-time project, event volunteers to support you annually or individual volunteers interested in committing to an on-going shift or skill-based project, we can help! As a partner you'll be able to post volunteer opportunities to our searchable online opportunity database, which hundreds of local volunteers visit every week.
Support in managing "done-in-a-day" volunteer projects - Let us do all the work! If you have a need that can be met by bringing in volunteers for a one-time, group-based, direct-service project, we're available to help develop the project, manage volunteer sign-ups, send confirmation and reminder emails to volunteers and track hours for those who attend. We'll also place one of our awesome Hands On trained Volunteer Leaders on the project to help support you and the volunteers.
Opportunity to work with corporate volunteers - Our BusinessCares program develops "done-in-a-day" volunteer projects for our corporate partners. This is a great way to introduce service-oriented companies from the Greater Portland area to your organization.
Access to additional resources and best practices - We strive to connect our Nonprofit Partners with valuable resources to strengthen their volunteer programs, while supporting them in addressing critical needs in the Greater Portland community. As a partner, you'll have access to resources such as: volunteer recruitment tips, information on networking opportunities and professional memberships, templates/samples documents, and more.
Follow these steps to become a Nonprofit Partner:
1. Make sure you're eligible - Hands On Greater Portland partners with community-based agencies that fit the following criteria:
Your organization is:
- An organization with 501(c)3 nonprofit status, a public/not-for-profit school or a government organization
- Based in Multnomah or Washington County (organizations based in Clackamas or Clark County are considered on a case-by-case basis)
Your organization is not:
- A political campaign
Your organization does not:
- Discriminate in its staff, board, volunteers, volunteer committees or recipients of services on the basis of a person's race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, or mental or physical disability or any other status prohibited by applicable law
2. Confirm that your organization isn't already a partner - It's possible that someone else from your organization has already been through the partnership process. Check our Nonprofit Partner Directory to ensure that your organization isn't already an active Nonprofit Partner.
If you find your organization in the directory or if you think your organization has been a partner in the past (but may currently be inactive), contact us so that we can reactivate your account and/or add you as a contact for your organization.
3. Submit a New Partner Interest Form - Fill out and submit a New Partner Interest Form to begin the partnership process. Once your form has been received, we'll review it and follow up with you to complete the process, which includes:
Complete the following paperwork:
Partnership MOU (Memorandum of Understanding - a link will be provided after your New Partner Interest Form has been reviewed))
Mutual Release of Liability and Indemnification Agreement
Safety Policy and Plan
You are also welcome to attend a Nonprofit Partner Orientation, which will provide you with the tools you need to post your organization's volunteer opportunities on our website and navigate other resources available to you.
Please note that while we strive to process all partnership requests as quickly as possible, it may take up to four weeks to review your submission.
Also, we now have a feature that allows our Partners to easily post one-time volunteer needs through our Daily Bulletin Board. If you are only looking for volunteers for an event more than 30 days out, you can submit these opportunities through this form. (Posting to the Bulletin Board does not require completion of the New Partner Interest Form or MOU as outlined above.)
See which organizations actively partner with us through our Nonprofit Partner Directory.