Become A Volunteer Leader
Want to develop your leadership skills and get more people involved in building our community? All Hands On managed projects & TeamWorks teams are led by our amazing Volunteer Leaders.
As our strongest link to the community, Volunteer Leaders ensure that every volunteer has a positive experience and that the real needs of the agencies are being met.
What's Great about Being a Volunteer Leader?
- Free snacks at our group training sessions!
- A chance to deepen your commitment to a social issue
- An opportunity to develop new leadership skills
- A special Volunteer Leader T-Shirt!
- A chance to hone the leadership skills you already have
- Fun perks like Chinook books, Thorns tickets, and appreciation events!
- The ability to help other volunteers address community needs
- A special Volunteer Leader Sweatshirt!
If you are interested in becoming a Hands On Volunteer Leader, please follow these steps:
Read the position description and complete the application: Volunteer Leader Position Description & Application
Sign up for the next Volunteer Leader Training opportunity
Show up to the one-time training and find your project to lead!
If you are unable to attend a scheduled "Become a Leader" VL orientation, but would still like to lead, we will try to set up an individual meeting. Contact us at 503.200.3355 or by email at email@example.com to get the conversation started!
Our current VLs say...
"It's a time for fellowship and service. Although the volunteers join a project for many different reasons, they all bring something valuable to the party. I feel like I get back more than I receive when I'm leading a project."
"Being a Hands On volunteer makes me feel connected to a really awesome organization that is helping my community in a very tangible way. This makes me feel more engaged with Portland and the needs of citizens less fortunate than me."
"Leading, coaching, and inspiring others to have the most rewarding, useful, and fulfilling volunteer experience while supporting the work/mission of many local agencies."