Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Food Donation Receiving Volunteer (age 18+) Referral
Clackamas Service Center (CSC) is a vibrant and inclusive “one-stop” community campus, offering families and individuals food and other resources for improved safety, health, and stability on their path toward self-sufficiency.
CSC relies on a robust team of volunteers to connect our members to crucial services. Over 300 people volunteer at CSC each year, contributing over 8,000 hours in total. We truly couldn’t do this work without our amazing volunteers!
Food Donation Receiving Volunteer shifts Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday from 9am-12:30pm
In need of a Tuesday Volunteer
- Must be available to volunteer regularly or commit to 3 months
- Volunteers must be available for one of the shifts stated above
- A receiving volunteer will be responsible for receiving food donations
- Duties include weighing food items, organizing, carrying, and restocking donations, and documenting donation amount
- Comfortable lift 40lbs (from the ground)
- Volunteers will be bending, twisting, lifting & standing throughout the duration of the shift
- Strong communication and organizational skills and ability to adapt in situations that can occur throughout the day
- Facemask are required and must be worn properly over the nose and mouth
- New volunteers are required to watch a food safety video and to adhere to all food safety requirements.
Keywords: food insecurity, homelessness, hunger, food safety, and donations.
The novel coronavirus ("COVID-19") is a contagious and potentially life-threatening disease. Reducing the spread of COVID-19 in our community is a shared responsibility. In an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19 at Hands On volunteer activities, all volunteers are required to:
Follow all COVID safety-rules at their volunteer site or project
Wash their hands, at a minimum, before and after their volunteering
Maintain physical distancing while volunteering, to the extent practicable
Wear a cloth or disposable face covering at all times while volunteering.
Hands On appreciates your interest in volunteering to help our community in this time of extraordinary need. As part of some volunteer activities, you may risk exposure to COVID-19. If you or any member of your household is experiencing any symptom of COVID-19, or has exhibited any symptom in the past 14 days, please do not sign up for a volunteer activity at this time. Please contact the Opportunity Coordinator if you have any questions about Hands On’s COVID-19 safety rules and the expectations for volunteers.
Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older to participate in this opportunity.
Click on "Express Interest" below if you are interested in helping out!
**This is a Referral Opportunity, which means it is run directly by one of our nonprofit partners. Once you express interest, someone from the partner organization should follow up with you shortly to discuss confirming you as a volunteer for this opportunity.
**Please note, your hours may not be recorded in your Hands On Greater Portland account since this is a partner-managed opportunity.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: