Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+
Change Lives - Be a Part-Time Foster Parent! (age 21+) Referral
About Us: Boys & Girls Aid has a 135-year history providing quality foster care services to children and families in Oregon. We’re focused on a future where every child, teen and young adult has the tools necessary to build lifelong and lasting relationships. We're committed to ensuring every child grows up with a family of their own.
We are looking for foster parents to help guide children toward a healthier, happier future. If you have room in your heart and home and can offer a safe, stable, and caring home for a child, please get in touch.
With relief care, you provide care for foster kids on a temporary basis – just a day or two at a time. Relief Parents support full-time foster parents, giving them time off when they need it and helping to ensure Oregon's foster kids receive the best possible care. Relief Parents can also provide care for a kid who is waiting for a local agency to find a longer-term home. Relief Care is a way to make a difference in the lives of young people, with a lower commitment than full-time fostering.
Relief parents work with youth of all ages and genders. Children are placed in the home anywhere from one night to several weeks.
What support does Boys & Girls Aid provide?
• Daily stipend (per youth) to support the needs of the youth
• 24-hour on-call support and guidance, both on the phone and in-person
• Free trauma-informed training in addition to individual and group support meetings
• Collaborative support team to meet the needs of the youth and support foster parents
• Be at least 21 years old
• Have a residence within the Portland Metro Area with an open bedroom available
• Ability to pass a federal, state, and local criminal background check and child abuse check
• Have a valid Oregon Driver's License
• Have a reliable vehicle to transport youth
• Provide a separate bedroom in the home for the foster youth with a window and a door
**This is a Referral Opportunity, which means it is run directly by one of our nonprofit partners. Once you express interest, someone from the partner organization should follow up with you shortly to discuss confirming you as a volunteer for this opportunity.
**Please note, your hours may not be recorded in your Hands On Greater Portland account since this is a partner-managed opportunity.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: