Age Minimum (with Adult):16+, Minimum Age:16+
Lead Volunteer Projects for Hands On: Knit, Get Artsy, Garden, more! (age 16+)
What is a Volunteer Leader?
Volunteer Leaders (aka VLs) play a BIG role in helping us manage our signature volunteer projects - from collaboration with our nonprofit partners, to volunteer sign-up support, to project management and follow-up. As our strongest link to the community, VLs ensure every volunteer has a great experience and the nonprofit's needs are being met.
In this hour and a half long training you will learn the basic skills needed to take on the leadership of a project as part of our core Volunteer Leader team. This training is a great way to find out if Hands On project leadership is right for you and to learn more about Hands On and the work that we do.
What is required to become a Volunteer Leader?
All Volunteer Leaders must be at least 16 years of age and must have already attended at least ONE OR TWO *Hands On* volunteer projects to attend the training. VLs should also have:
Passion for community service and empowering others to give back
Desire to develop your leadership skills
Effective interpersonal skills - including strong communication skills, both in person and via email
Ability to track and log volunteer attendance records and project data
Experience as a general community volunteer
Ready to become a Volunteer Leader?
1. Sign up for a training date below, or schedule one with Cristy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Review the Volunteer Leader Position Description.
3. Submit your VL application before attending a training - this helps us learn about your volunteer leading interests and experience.
Upcoming VL trainings will focus on leadership for the projects below:
- Keep the Portland Memory Garden Beautiful (age 0+)
- Restore Terwilliger Blvd Forest (age 6+)
- Marquam Nature Park Restoration Work Party (age 6+)
- Lone Fir Cemetery Groundwork & Tour (age 8+)
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: