Grocery Shop for Seniors in Beaverton (all ages) *Hands On*
Do you like to grocery shop? Would you enjoy helping seniors and people with disabilities maintain their independence? Join us to grocery shop for those who are homebound. Think of it as a fun in-store scavenger hunt for a great cause!
What: Volunteer grocery shoppers receive a client’s grocery list and walk about the store finding each item. At times, the volunteer will need to call a client to ask clarifying questions about missing items or substitutions. Volunteer shoppers are not responsible for purchasing or delivering groceries, just shopping and having fun!
Where: Beaverton Town Square Fred Meyer (11425 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy. Beaverton, OR 97005)
When: Every Wednesday and Thursday, 8:00 am – 10:00 am
Parking: Located in the Fred Meyer parking lot
Group Volunteering (i.e. Corporate, Church, School, etc)? Yes! If you are interested in bringing a group of volunteers, please contact Antonia at 503-200-3333 ext. 008 or email Antonia@StoretoDoorofOregon.org.
Store to Door is a local nonprofit that supports independent living for Portland area seniors and people with disabilities by providing an affordable, personal, volunteer-based grocery shopping and delivery service.
Store to Door received a Governor's Award for Outstanding Nonprofit Volunteer Program in 2014. Dedicated volunteers like you make our services possible.
Here's what clients have to say:
"They are the 'Grocery Angels'..."
"Your help is priceless!"
Ready to make a real difference? Sign up below to lend a hand!
Watch this video to learn more about our work:
- Groups and corporate volunteers are welcome. It's a great way to build morale. Contact Antonia at 503-200-3333 ext. 008 or email Antonia@storetodooroforegon.org if you'd like to sign a group up to shop.
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome to attend this project; volunteers age 16 or younger must attend with a parent or adult chaperone.
- All volunteers under 18 are required to bring a Youth Volunteer Release Form signed by their parent or legal guardian. Please download, complete, and bring this waiver with you on the day of the project.
Click "Sign Up" below to reserve your spot! Need help signing up? Call 503-200-3333 ext. 008.
Keywords: family, families, children, kids, toddlers, parent, parents, group, groups, corporate, company, employees, exercise, friends, school, church, club
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: