Age Minimum (with Adult): 10+, Minimum Age:13+
Support Parent Shoppers at Client Care Day (age 10+) *MLK Weekend 2018*
Join us in honoring the legacy of Dr. King through meaningful service to our community: "Everybody can be great... because anybody can serve."
-- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
The Mother & Child Education Center provides services and emergency supplies to all parents in need. No Cost. No Restrictions. 6 Days a Week.
Mother & Child Education Center's mission is to create a community of competent & confident parents, who nurture their children. Mother & Child seeks to accomplish this mission through parenting classes & workshops, guidance to resources, state certified pregnancy testing, and counseling.
Join us this MLK Weekend for one of our bi-monthly Client Care Days to support parents as they come and shop for infant-toddler and maternity supplies at no cost.
We're looking for warm & welcoming volunteers to support our Saturday Client Care Day through a variety of roles, including:
Welcoming parents and helping with registration
Packing bags with the diapers and clothing sizes requested by families
Assisting a mom or dad in shopping and picking-out clothing and supplies for baby
?Helping parents fill out registration slips to receive infant-toddler items
Serving refreshments to families
Supporting the kids area and helping run activities while parents shop
Restocking items in the shopping area as needed
Volunteers will receive an orientation and training prior to the shift, to better understand the Mother & Child Education Center and your role for the morning!
By serving in any of these positions, you will be assisting parents in providing for their children - a tool that contributes to confidence as a parent and provider. We ask that, in sign up, you remain flexible about your role that day, as our needs variety from shift to shift!
Please wear comfortable shoes and clothing that is respectful to families. Volunteer positions may require persons to be on their feet and/or outside so we request volunteers wear clothing that is also weather appropriate.
- Volunteers must be 10 years of age or older to attend this project; any volunteer under age 13 must attend with a parent or adult chaperone.
- ?All volunteers under 18 are required to bring a Youth Volunteer Release Form signed by their parent or legal guardian. Please download, complete, and bring this waiver with you on the day of the project.
- If you plan to bring guests you MUST reserve slots for them. The best way to do this is to create a Volunteer Team, then sign up your team for this project.
- Team Captains are only able to reserve up to 50% of the spots on any individual MLK Weekend of Service Project. Team Captains are required to provide names and email addresses for each team member (over the age of 13) in order to hold spaces on a volunteer project or they may be removed from the project. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT NOTE: You are responsible for ensuring that everyone signed up through your team attends - only sign up team members who have confirmed their availability. Teams that repeatedly sign up, but do not show up or show up with fewer volunteers than they signed up, may be removed. To add or remove team members from a project, click on "My Account" and then "My Teams," above.
Click "Sign Up" below to reserve your spot! Need help signing up? Call 503-200-3355.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: