Age Minimum (with Adult): 10+, Minimum Age:13+
Setup for Mother & Child's No-Cost Shopping Day (age 10+) *MLK Weekend 2018*
Join us in honoring the legacy of Dr. King through meaningful service to our community: "Everybody can be great... because anybody can serve."
-- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
The Mother & Child Education Center provides services and emergency supplies to all parents in need. No Cost. No Restrictions. 6 Days a Week.
Join us this MLK Weekend to help set up for one of our bi-monthly Client Care Days to support parents as they come and shop for infant-toddler and maternity supplies at no cost.
Volunteers will receive an orientation and training prior to the shift, to better understand the Mother & Child Education Center and your role for the morning!
Please wear comfortable shoes and clothing that is respectful to families. Volunteer positions may require persons to be on their feet and/or outside so we request volunteers wear clothing that is also weather appropriate.
- Volunteers must be 10 years of age or older to attend this project; any volunteer under age 13 must attend with a parent or adult chaperone.
- All volunteers under 18 are required to bring a Youth Volunteer Release Form signed by their parent or legal guardian. Please download, complete, and bring this waiver with you on the day of the project.
- If you plan to bring children or guests you MUST reserve slots for them. The best way to do this is to create a Volunteer Team, then sign up your team for this project. In the spirit of creating an atmosphere where people from all parts of our community are coming together to volunteer,
- ?Team Captains are only able to reserve up to 50% of the spots on any individual MLK Weekend of Service Project. Team Captains are required to provide names and email addresses for each team member (over the age of 13) in order to hold spaces on a volunteer project or they may be removed from the project. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- IMPORTANT NOTE: You are responsible for ensuring that everyone signed up through your team attends - only sign up team members who have confirmed their availability. Teams that repeatedly sign up, but do not show up or show up with fewer volunteers than they signed up, may be removed. To add or remove team members from a project, click on "My Account" and then "My Teams," above.
Click "Sign Up" below to reserve your spot! Need help signing up? Call 503-200-3355.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: