Age Minimum (with Adult): 10+, Minimum Age:14+
Build Community while Restoring Brookhaven Woods (age 10+) *MLK Weekend 2018*
Join us in honoring the legacy of Dr. King through meaningful service to our community: "Everybody can be great... because anybody can serve."
-- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Tualatin Hills Parks & Recreation District works to enhance healthy and active lifestyles while connecting more people to nature, parks, and programs. We will do this through stewardship of public resources and by providing programs/spaces to fulfill unmet needs. Natural Resources staff manages about 1,500 acres of natural areas. These areas provide a variety of benefits including ecosystem services, recreation, trails and learning opportunities.
Work with staff and neighbors to remove English ivy from the natural areas of Brookhaven Woods. Efforts to improve this upland forest have been improving local wildlife habitat for the last year. Project areas overlook a beautiful wetland that winds through the site. Take in the views and check out the progress we have made, when you come out to join us!
Individuals, families and groups are invited to register for one or many of the opportunities offered this spring. Tools, gloves, water, snacks and guidance by City Staff are provided.
Join us and dig in!
Want to bring a big group? Please use the "Email" button below to check in with the coordinator first.
- Volunteers must be 10 years of age or older to attend this project; any volunteer under age 14 must attend with a parent or adult chaperone.
- All volunteers under 18 are required to bring a Youth Volunteer Release Form signed by their parent or legal guardian. Please download, complete, and bring this waiver with you on the day of the project.
- If you plan to bring children or guests you MUST reserve slots for them. The best way to do this is to create a Volunteer Team, then sign up your team for this project. In the spirit of creating an atmosphere where people from all parts of our community are coming together to volunteer,
- ?Team Captains are only able to reserve up to 50% of the spots on any individual MLK Weekend of Service Project. Team Captains are required to provide names and email addresses for each team member (over the age of 13) in order to hold spaces on a volunteer project or they may be removed from the project. Questions? Email email@example.com
- IMPORTANT NOTE: You are responsible for ensuring that everyone signed up through your team attends - only sign up team members who have confirmed their availability. Teams that repeatedly sign up, but do not show up or show up with fewer volunteers than they signed up, may be removed. To add or remove team members from a project, click on "My Account" and then "My Teams," above.
Click "Sign Up" below to reserve your spot! Need help signing up? Call 503-200-3355.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: