Join SOLVE to clean up MLK Blvd! (age 16+) *MLK Weekend*
Join us in honoring the legacy of Dr. King through meaningful service to our community: "Everybody can be great... because anybody can serve."
-- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
SOLVE brings Oregonians together to improve our environment and build a legacy of stewardship.
Each time a volunteer comes out to lend a hand they are contributing to a statewide effort between hundreds of thousands of volunteers over nearly half a century of service. Every time a volunteer picks up a piece of litter, puts a new native tree or shrub in Oregon soil, or rescues a natural area from encroaching invasive plants like Ivy or Blackberry, that volunteer is making a difference. That's a section of Oregon that is a little bit cleaner, a little bit healthier. That's a community that's a little big stronger due to the benefits of civic engagement.
We hope you'll join us, and that you'll bring along your family and friends, because it's only together that we achieve greatness.
SOLVE volunteers, partners and staff will be gathering together to celebrate MLK Jr with a day of service to our neighborhoods and natural areas!
SOLVE projects aim to bring all Oregonians together through hands-on work outside. Our events are created by the community, for the community. Come meet your neighbors, explore the area and enjoy some fresh air while making a difference.
Together we can strengthen community ties and help preserve this great place we all call home.
Volunteers are encouraged to dress in layers according to the weather forecast, and to wear sturdy shoes. If you'd like to bring gloves or your own bucket to collect litter that is encouraged, however SOLVE will be providing all volunteers with free cleanup supplies including disposable gloves and bags. If you need a litter grabber please let us know and we'll hold one for you while supplies last.
We'll be giving a brief educational lesson on the impacts of litter and how trash travels from local neighborhoods like the one we'll be working in, out to the ocean and even to other countries. Our projects also serve as hands-on service learning opportunities, exposing new volunteers to the issues we face and to the benefits of working face to face with other local volunteers.
*NOTE: Any volunteer needing proof of their service hours (court-ordered volunteers, students, etc.) must bring all needed documentation with them to the event to be signed by the event coordinator on site.
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome to attend this project with an adult; volunteers must be 16 years of age or older to attend this project on their own.
- All volunteers under 18 are required to bring a Youth Volunteer Release Form signed by their parent or legal guardian. Please download, complete, and bring this waiver with you on the day of the project.
- If you plan to bring children or guests you MUST reserve slots for them. The best way to do this is to create a Volunteer Team, then sign up your team for this project.
- Team Captains are only able to reserve up to 50% of the spots on any individual MLK Weekend of Service Project. Team Captains are required to provide names and email addresses for each team member (over the age of 13) in order to hold spaces on a volunteer project or they may be removed from the project. Questions? Email email@example.com
- IMPORTANT NOTE: You are responsible for ensuring that everyone signed up through your team attends - only sign up team members who have confirmed their availability. Teams that repeatedly sign up, but do not show up or show up with fewer volunteers than they signed up, may be removed. To add or remove team members from a project, click on "My Account" and then "My Teams," above.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 1+, Minimum Age:16+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: