Age Minimum (with Adult):9+, Minimum Age:13+
MLK Day Ivy Pull at Blandford Canyon (age 9+) *MLK Weekend 2018*
Join us in honoring the legacy of Dr. King through meaningful service to our community: "Everybody can be great... because anybody can serve."
-- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Watershed Alliance of SW Washington - to bring together and engage the community to protect and enhance the natural environment of our local watersheds.
Every Martin Luther King Jr. Day the Watershed Alliance of SW Washington hosts our largest volunteer event of the year! Join us for a day of invasive plant removal (pulling ivy) to celebrate MLK Day! This year we will be removing invasive English Ivy from Blandford Canyon to make space for native plant to return to the site, and protect the trees from being pulled down by the weight of the ivy which climbs the trees.
- Please look for signage directing you to the event parking lot.
- Wear pants, closed toed shoes, and dress for the weather. We will provide gloves but you can bring your own. We encourage you to bring a water bottle or travel mug for beverages.
*The project site is on sloped, uneven ground and may not be suitable for all ages
NOTE: Any youth 13+ attending without a parent/guardian, must complete and bring BOTH this Vancouver Watersheds Alliance youth waiver as well as the Hands On Youth Volunteer Release Form in order to volunteer.
- Volunteers of 9+ are welcomed to attend this project; any volunteer under age 13 must attend with a parent or adult chaperone. Please
- All volunteers under 18 are required to bring a Youth Volunteer Release Form as well as a Vancouver Watersheds Alliance youth waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian. Please download, complete, and bring this waiver with you on the day of the project.
If you plan to bring children/additional volunteers you MUST reserve slots for them. The best way to do this is to create a Volunteer Team, then sign up your team for this project. Questions? Email email@example.com
Team Captains are only able to reserve up to 50% of the spots on any individual MLK Weekend of Service Project. Team Captains are required to provide names and email addresses for each team member (over the age of 13) in order to hold spaces on a volunteer project or they may be removed from the project. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT NOTE: You are responsible for ensuring that everyone signed up through your team attends - only sign up team members who have confirmed their availability. Teams that repeatedly sign up, but do not show up or show up with fewer volunteers than they signed up, may be removed. To add or remove team members from a project: log in to your volunteer account and click "Manage My Team" next to the appropriate upcoming opportunity.
Click "Sign Up" below to reserve your spot! Need help signing up? Call 503-200-3355.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: