Age Minimum (with Adult):13+, Minimum Age:16+
Spruce Up p:ear (age 13+) *MLK Weekend 2018*
Join us in honoring the legacy of Dr. King through meaningful service to our community: "Everybody can be great... because anybody can serve."
-- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
p:ear builds positive relationships with homeless and transitional youth, ages 15-25, through education, art and recreation to affirm personal worth and create more meaningful, healthy lives. Each year our programs serve more than 700 homeless and transitional young people. p:ear staff and volunteers serve as mentors, friends, and role models, while p:ear's unique programs create opportunities for young people to grow intellectually, express themselves constructively, communicate in positive ways and engage in meaningful interactions with the larger community of Portland.
The p:ear Kitchen and Food Program was developed to provide homeless young people with the opportunity to eat fresh, sustaining meals in a community setting ensuring kids can participate in p:ear's other programs and other aspects of their lives well-nourished.
We need your help to spruce up the p:ear kitchen and other spaces to help get us ready for the new year!
Volunteers must wear closed toe shoes and are encouraged to bring an apron (if desired).
- You must be 13 years of age or older to attend this project; any volunteer under age 16 must attend with a parent or adult chaperone.
- All volunteers under 18 are required to bring a Youth Volunteer Release Form signed by their parent or legal guardian. Please download, complete, and bring this waiver with you on the day of the project.
- If you plan to bring additional volunteers you MUST reserve slots for them. The best way to do this is to create a Volunteer Team, then sign up your team for this project. Questions? Email email@example.com
- Team Captains are only able to reserve up to 50% of the spots on any individual MLK Weekend of Service Project. Team Captains are required to provide names and email addresses for each team member (over the age of 13) in order to hold spaces on a volunteer project or they may be removed from the project. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- IMPORTANT NOTE: You are responsible for ensuring that everyone signed up through your team attends - only sign up team members who have confirmed their availability. Teams that repeatedly sign up, but do not show up or show up with fewer volunteers than they signed up, may be removed. To add or remove team members from a project: log in to your volunteer account and click "Manage My Team" next to the appropriate upcoming opportunity.
Click "Sign Up" below to reserve your spot! Need help signing up? Call 503-200-3355.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: