Fir Grove Fix-up (age 8+) *MLK Weekend of Service 2018*
Join us in honoring the legacy of Dr. King through meaningful service to our community: "Everybody can be great... because anybody can serve."
-- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
The Beaverton School District’s Mission: Engage our students in rigorous and joyful learning experiences that meet their individual needs so they may thrive, contribute, compete, and excel.
Join us as we try to make Fir Grove Elementary School a better place for students to learn. This project will be very educational for not only school age youth, but also adults. During this project volunteers will learn about invasive plants vs. what’s indigenous to Oregon. Volunteers will also assist with the following tasks:
• Ivy Pulling – it’s a huge mess, all in one spot and hasn’t been addressed in years.
• Garden bed clean out/winterizing
• Patio weeding – overgrowth from summer
• Trash pick-up around campus perimeter
• Library – dusting shelves, books & spines
• Cleaning Windows
• Cleaning student tables, desks, chairs
- Please bring a pair of Work/garden gloves and gardening tools
- Volunteers must be 8 years of age or older to attend this project; any volunteer under age 14 must attend with a parent or adult chaperone.
- All volunteers under 18 are required to bring a Youth Volunteer Release Form signed by their parent or legal guardian. Please download, complete, and bring this waiver with you on the day of the project.
- If you plan to bring children or guests you MUST reserve slots for them. The best way to do this is to create a Volunteer Team, then sign up your team for this project. In the spirit of creating an atmosphere where people from all parts of our community are coming together to volunteer,
- Team Captains are only able to reserve up to 50% of the spots on any individual MLK Weekend of Service Project. Team Captains are required to provide names and email addresses for each team member (over the age of 13) in order to hold spaces on a volunteer project or they may be removed from the project. Questions? Email email@example.com
- IMPORTANT NOTE: You are responsible for ensuring that everyone signed up through your team attends - only sign up team members who have confirmed their availability. Teams that repeatedly sign up, but do not show up or show up with fewer volunteers than they signed up, may be removed. To add or remove team members from a project, click on "My Account" and then "My Teams," above.
Click "Sign Up" below to reserve your spot! Need help signing up? Call 503-200-3355.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 8+, Minimum Age:14+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: