Age Minimum (with Adult):14+, Minimum Age:8+
Prepare and Polish Scholls Heights Elementary School (age 8+) *MLK 2018*
Join us in honoring the legacy of Dr. King through meaningful service to our community: "Everybody can be great... because anybody can serve."
-- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
The Beaverton School District’s Mission: Engage our students in rigorous and joyful learning experiences that meet their individual needs so they may thrive, contribute, compete, and excel.
For a teacher, planning takes a lot of time, and 99% of that is time-away from teaching (at the teacher’s own clock and expense). Let's help make our teachers lives just a little easier this MLK Day by assisting with the following indoor and outdoor activities:
- Indoor: Volunteers will create, cut-out, or build a variety of items for upcoming Scholls Heights school events. Volunteers will also assist with a "Staff Room Spruce-up" in which they will jazz up the staff lounge with a new coat of paint, a Gots & Wants board, & Photo share board.
- Outdoor: Volunteers will clean out, till, and fertilize three outdoor garden beds , assist with weeding in parking lot areas and pick-up trash at campus perimeter
If you would like to make an impact on the lives of local school teachers and students, this is the project for you!
- Volunteers must be 8 years of age or older to attend this project; any volunteer under age 14 must attend with a parent or adult chaperone.
- All volunteers under 18 are required to bring a Youth Volunteer Release Form signed by their parent or legal guardian. Please download, complete, and bring this waiver with you on the day of the project.
- If you plan to bring children or guests you MUST reserve slots for them. The best way to do this is to create a Volunteer Team, then sign up your team for this project. In the spirit of creating an atmosphere where people from all parts of our community are coming together to volunteer,
- Team Captains are only able to reserve up to 50% of the spots on any individual MLK Weekend of Service Project. Team Captains are required to provide names and email addresses for each team member (over the age of 13) in order to hold spaces on a volunteer project or they may be removed from the project. Questions? Email email@example.com
- IMPORTANT NOTE: You are responsible for ensuring that everyone signed up through your team attends - only sign up team members who have confirmed their availability. Teams that repeatedly sign up, but do not show up or show up with fewer volunteers than they signed up, may be removed. To add or remove team members from a project, click on "My Account" and then "My Teams," above.
Click "Sign Up" below to reserve your spot! Need help signing up? Call 503-200-3355.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: