Eco Crew at Tryon Creek (age 8+) *2018 MLK Weekend*
Join us in honoring the legacy of Dr. King through meaningful service to our community: "Everybody can be great... because anybody can serve."
-- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
The mission of Friends of Tryon Creek, in partnership with Oregon State Parks, is to inspire and nurture relationships with nature in our unique urban forest.
Eco Crew volunteers work to improve the forest ecosystem by removing invasive plants like ivy and garlic mustard. Volunteers will take a 1 mile hike to the project site and work off trail in uneven terrain. Work days are led by Friends of Tryon Creek and/or Oregon State Parks staff. Instruction, gloves and tools are always provided.
- Meet at the Jackson Shelter near the Nature Center and main parking lot at Tryon Creek State Natural Area - 11321 SW Terwilliger Blvd.
- Please come prepared to work outdoors in various weather conditions, long sleeves, pants and covered shoes are recommended.
- You must be 8 years of age or older to attend this project; any volunteer under age 14 must attend with a parent or adult chaperone.
- All volunteers under 18 are required to bring a Youth Volunteer Release Form signed by their parent or legal guardian. Please download, complete, and bring this waiver with you on the day of the project.
If you plan to bring children/additional volunteers you MUST reserve slots for them. The best way to do this is to create a Volunteer Team, then sign up your team for this project. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Team Captains are only able to reserve up to 50% of the spots on any individual MLK Weekend of Service Project. Team Captains are required to provide names and email addresses for each team member (over the age of 13) in order to hold spaces on a volunteer project or they may be removed from the project. Questions? Email email@example.com
IMPORTANT NOTE: You are responsible for ensuring that everyone signed up through your team attends - only sign up team members who have confirmed their availability. Teams that repeatedly sign up, but do not show up or show up with fewer volunteers than they signed up, may be removed. To add or remove team members from a project, click on "My Account" and then "My Teams," above.
Click "Sign Up" below to reserve your spot! Need help signing up? Call 503-200-3355.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 8+, Minimum Age:14+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: