Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:18+
Cook It Up at GNC (age 14+) *Hands On*
Join us in the kitchen as we prepare and serve up Sunday dinner for the residents of the Good Neighbor Center - a homeless shelter in Tigard for families.
Volunteers will use the on-site food pantry to prepare a meal that will serve all of the residents and the volunteer group. You're welcome to bring extra items/ingredients to add to the meal if you'd like. No volunteer is required to bring any food items, but if you would like to make a food donation the Good Neighbor Center strongly recommends dairy products, such as milk, cheese, or eggs.
The shelter has 9 bedrooms to serve up to 9 families, with a total capacity of 36. Each family has a private room where they can keep their belongings and sleep. The Good Neighbor Center is dedicated to providing safe emergency housing and supportive services to empower individuals and families to be self-sufficient.
- Volunteers must be 14 years of age or older to attend this project; any volunteer under age 18 must attend with a parent or adult chaperone.
- If you plan to bring your children or other guests to the event, you MUST reserve slots for them. The best way to do this is to create a Volunteer Team. You can then sign up your team for this project.
- All volunteers under 18 are required to bring a waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian. Please download, complete, and bring this waiver with you on the day of the project: Youth Volunteer Release Form
Click "Sign Up" below to reserve your spot! Need help signing up? Call 503-200-3355.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: