Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Raise Scholarship Funds for At Risk Youth, NE Portland – MRC (age 18+) Referral
Raise funds for Al Forthan Scholarship, a scholarship for students who come from families impacted by addiction. Seek out businesses/individuals to donate cans and bottles, organize our storage area of cans and bottles, and drop off items at the recycling center.
• Set up times with our current partnered agencies to pick up cans and bottles, then bring them back to our center in NE Portland and sort them with clients.
• Reach out to businesses and see if they are interested in donating their cans and bottles, which will help raise money for the Al Forthan Scholarship.
• Commit 2-3 hours a week. Make your own schedule, 7 days per week, 9am-7pm.
Your efforts will support scholarships that impact many inspiring students. Last year we awarded 82,000 in college scholarships.
• Ability to lift and carry large bags of cans and bottles up and down stairs.
• Desire grow our fundraiser, by seeking out other bottle and can donations
• Valid Driver’s License, and comfortable driving 12-15 passenger vans
• The availability to become a long-term member of the community.
Our Mission: To change lives by promoting self-determination, building strong communities and standing for social justice.
From at-risk youth to victims of domestic violence, recovering addicts and seniors, Volunteers of America Oregon provides a range of supportive and empowering services to our area's most vulnerable populations - and works with them to rebuild their lives and reach their full potential.
Today, through the dedication of more than 300 staff members and 600 volunteers, we help thousands of families in the greater Portland, Oregon and Vancouver, Washington areas. We serve men, women, and children with a continuum of services, touching individuals from all walks of life, from the youngest to the oldest.
We are passionate about finding innovative solutions to our community's most intractable social problems. Our comprehensive programs focus on three main areas: children and family, public safety/substance abuse treatment, and senior services.
Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older to participate in this opportunity.
Click on "Express Interest" below if you are interested in helping out!
**This is a Referral Opportunity, which means it is run directly by one of our nonprofit partners. Once you express interest, someone from the partner organization should follow up with you shortly to discuss confirming you as a volunteer for this opportunity.
**Please note, your hours may not be recorded in your Hands On Greater Portland account since this is a partner-managed opportunity.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: