Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Become a Volunteer Driver with Impact NW! (age 18+) Referral
Impact NW's mission is to prevent homelessness by partnering with people as they navigate their journey to stability and opportunity. By providing transportation to seniors and adults with disabilities to medical appointments, grocery stores, and community activities, you will enable them to remain independent in their homes and engaged in their community.
Volunteer drivers are responsible for transporting clients who are seniors and adults with disabilities to enable them to remain as independent as possible. Primary responsibilities include driving, completing daily paperwork and vehicle inspections and other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
• Provide transportation to clients who are seniors and adults with disabilities;
• Complete daily inspection of assigned vehicle and report promptly to the supervisor;
• Assist senior staff in responding to client needs through transportation services and/or resource delivery;
• Encourage and facilitate client participation and leadership in agency and community activities;
• Complete accurate, legible, and timely documentation of services delivered in accordance with Impact NW and Ride Connection’s guidelines, including daily vehicle manifests and accident and inspection forms as needed; and
• Assist the clients to access to community support systems that promote self-sufficiency and empowerment
• Must pass a thorough background check
• Excellent people skills
• Experience or interest in working with seniors and adults with disabilities
• Exemplary driving record
• General computer knowledge
• Strong organizational skills
• Lift up to 25 pounds
Volunteer Drivers must complete required trainings: The Best Ride and SAFE part 1 as well as a driving observation. Ongoing training and support will be provided by the Transportation Supervisor.
A minimum of 3 months, up to 10 hours per week
Reports to Transportation Supervisor
Contact Andy Shaffer at 503-721-6756 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older to participate in this opportunity.
Click on "Express Interest" below if you are interested in helping out!
**This is a Referral Opportunity, which means it is run directly by one of our nonprofit partners. Once you express interest, someone from the partner organization should follow up with you shortly to discuss confirming you as a volunteer for this opportunity.
**Please note, your hours may not be recorded in your Hands On Greater Portland account since this is a partner-managed opportunity.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: