Restore Terwilliger Blvd Forest (age 6+) *Hands On*
Do you think nature is only found outside of the city? Think again! Enjoy your Saturday morning working outside to restore our urban forest and meeting others in our community.
About this Opportunity
- Join Portland Parks & Recreation, Friends of Terwilliger and the West Willamette Restoration Partnership to restore our urban forest in southwest Portland. Terwilliger Blvd has been a main thoroughfare for almost 100 years! Many hikers, runners, and bicyclists utilize this verdant boulevard. Help keep this a high-quality natural area for people, native plants, and wildlife!
- Interested in signing up a large group? If you are interested in bringing 10 or more volunteers to this event, please contact the organizer beforehand - we may or may not be able to accomodate your group at the event. If we cannot accomodate you at this specific event, we can work with you to find another time to come volunteer!
- Interested in court-ordered community service opportunities with the City of Portland? Please call 503-823-5121 before volunteering.
What to Bring and Wear
Dress for the weather, wear long pants, wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes and bring a water bottle. Note: some work may be on uneven ground. PP&R will provide water, tools, gloves, project instruction and snacks.
Exact location details will be sent to you via email by the volunteer coordinator prior to the project.
Contact Monica Hescheles with any questions via email (Monica.Hescheles@portlandoregon.gov) or by calling 503-823-8367.
Volunteers must be 6 years of age or older to attend this project; any volunteer under age 14 must attend with a parent or adult chaperone.
If you plan to bring your children or other guests to the event, you MUST reserve slots for them. The best way to do this is to create a Volunteer Team. You can then sign up your team for this project.
All volunteers under 18 are required to bring a waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian. Please download, complete, and bring this waiver with you on the day of the project: Youth Volunteer Release Form
If you are looking for community service to fulfill court requirements, please call 503-823-5121. You must be registered with our program before undertaking any community service.
Click "Sign Up" below to reserve your spot! Need help signing up? Call 503-200-3355.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 6+, Minimum Age:14+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. A team can be a family team, corporate team, or any kind of organized group. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: