Kindness Farm is a 501(c)3 nonprofit urban farm in SE Portland, Oregon.
Our founder, staff, students, volunteers, and participants come from diverse backgrounds and include refugees, immigrants, queer and trans humans, BIPOC, neurodivergent humans, humans with disabilities, humans who currently or in the past have had a low income, unhoused humans, children, youth, and seniors.
At the farm we...
• Focus on working with demographic groups who have been historically overlooked in getting the resources they need
• Teach fellow humans how to grow food using regenerative methods that nourish all of us, and the Earth, and create a hopeful future
• Donate all the produce we grow to hungry humans who can't afford to buy food, let alone healthy, nutritious produce
• Create a safe, vibrant healing space for community (that includes you!) to build, grow, and flourish
In the last 2 years we've...
• Taught over 920 children, teens, adults, and seniors how to grow their own food. Together, we've remembered the power and autonomy of being connected to land.
• Donated healthy, beautiful produce for over 36,500 meals & 720 produce boxes that served 9,266 whole, beautiful humans
• Created a resilient community together with close to 12,000 volunteer hours. Join us!