Hollywood Farmers Markethttp://www.hollywoodfarmersmarket.org
To celebrate the bounty of Oregon and Washington agriculture through the operation of community-based farmers markets and other ventures that support small farmers and healthy urban neighborhoods.
We envision community-based, celebratory farmers markets that draw a diversity of people throughout the year to meet old friends, make new ones, and shop the bounty of Oregon and Washington agriculture. The market strives to be environmentally sustainable, socially responsible, and educational for all ages.
- Community: We believe that nurturing relationships in shared public spaces builds neighborhoods.
- Food Focus: We concentrate on produce to support regional farmers, a healthy local food system and a healthy community.
- Trusteeship: We believe that we have an obligation always to be mindful of the market’s integrity, sustainability and prosperity.
- Equity: We believe that everyone deserves access to fresh, local food from their neighborhood farmers market.
- Pride: We believe the presence of a vital, high quality farmers’ market enhances our neighborhood’s distinct character.
- Education: We believe in providing educational experiences related to healthy communities and sustainability.
- Civic Participation: We believe that informal social gatherings of neighbors in open public spaces encourages civic participation in our community.
- Volunteerism: We believe that volunteers and an active and supported volunteer program are essential to the success of our market and a healthy community.
- Fun: We believe that involvement in the farmers markets should be enjoyable and rewarding.