Age Minimum (with Adult): 10+, Minimum Age:12+
Pitch-in at Tigard Library! (age 10+) *MLK Weekend 2018*
Join us in honoring the legacy of Dr. King through meaningful service to our community: "Everybody can be great... because anybody can serve."
-- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Help make the Tigard Library a better place by lending a hand this MLK Weekend.
Volunteers who participate in this project will assist with a variety of tasks ranging from shelving books to sorting materials. The Tigard Library has a selection of thousands of books, videos, and other items, so this much-needed cleanup and organization project would be impossible without your help!
If you are looking for a great way to make a positive impact on the community this MLK Weekend, please join us for Pitch-in at Tigard Library!
- No shorts, no hats, no tank tops and no perfume/body spray! Pants and plain t-shirt are preferred.
- There is plenty of parking in the library parking lot!
- You must be 10 years of age or older to attend this project; any volunteer under age 12 must attend with a parent or adult chaperone.
- All volunteers under 18 are required to bring a Youth Volunteer Release Form signed by their parent or legal guardian. Please download, complete, and bring this waiver with you on the day of the project.
- If you plan to bring children/additional volunteers you MUST reserve slots for them. The best way to do this is to create a Volunteer Team, then sign up your team for this project. Questions? Email email@example.com
- Team Captains are only able to reserve up to 50% of the spots on any individual MLK Weekend of Service Project. Team Captains are required to provide names and email addresses for each team member (over the age of 13) in order to hold spaces on a volunteer project or they may be removed from the project. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- IMPORTANT NOTE: You are responsible for ensuring that everyone signed up through your team attends - only sign up team members who have confirmed their availability. Teams that repeatedly sign up, but do not show up or show up with fewer volunteers than they signed up, may be removed. To add or remove team members from a project: log in to your volunteer account and click "Manage My Team" next to the appropriate upcoming opportunity.
Click "Sign Up" below to reserve your spot! Need help signing up? Call 503-200-3355.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: